MAC has a program called 'Back to MAC' where they accept returns of 6 MAC products in their primary packaging containers to a MAC counter or online and you receive a free lipstick of your choice as thanks.
I saved up 6 MAC products I had that were empty or that I didn't use and took them back to my local counter.
The products I returned were:
- Studio Sculpt Foundation NW25 - This was one of the first MAC foundations I tried (first was face and body) and the girl at the counter colour matched me to NW25. This colour was completely wrong for me as my skin tone as it's quite red and I would have needed a yellow based foundation (NC not NW) to help correct it. I also found it too light for my skin because I've always got fake tan on and found myself using quite a lot of bronzer to darken it. I only used this a couple of times and took it back half full.
- Eye Shadow in Satin Taupe - This was the first MAC eye shadow I ever bought. It's lasted me for about 3 years and I finally finished it! The colour is described as 'Taupe with silver shimmer.' The pigment is amazing and I found myself wearing it on nights out as it lasted the full night without falling or creasing. I'll definitely be buying this colour again.
- Studio Fix Fluid Foundation NC30 - I've been using this foundation for about 2 years now. It's a much better colour for my skin than the NW25 and the studio fix lasts way longer on my skin than the scuplt as I've got quite oily skin. I'm currently using a new bottle of this but after it's done I think it's time to try a new foundation. I'm stuck between Giorgio Armani, Luminous Silk and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.
- Prep + Prime - This was my sisters primer that she gave me to make my empties up to 6 (how nice) so I can't really comment on this as I've never really used it. Has anyone else?
- Studio Fix Powder Foundation NC30 - This is the powder version of my everyday foundation. I found this a really good powder but never really wore it on it's own as it didn't have much coverage. However, it was great on nights out to powder my face when I nipped to the bathroom. Sadly, in work the other day I dropped it and it smashed everywhere! I don't think I'll buy this again but I did like it while it lasted.
- Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze - I LOVE this bronzer and this is the third one I've finished. It's a lovely brown colour and not too orange and it's also matte which I love, I hate shimmery bronzers. Next I'd like to try Nars Laguna as I've heard its quite similar and you've probably seen me talk about it before on here.
So...the lipstick I chose in exchange for my six empties was Girl About Town. As you all know I love a pink lipstick and this one's been on my wishlist for a while now.
Girl About Town is a lovely dark Fuchsia Pink and feels lovely and moisturising on my lips. Because it's an 'amplified' lipstick its very pigmented and creamy. It also has great staying power, but it does stain my lips a bit.
Other MAC lipsticks that are currently on my wishlist are; Impassioned, Lady Danger and Rebel.
I think the Back to MAC program is such a great idea and I'm sure its not hard for us beauty bloggers to use up six MAC products! Has anyone else ever done this? What MAC lipsticks are on your wishlist?