I've never done a monthly favourites post before but I've decided this year it's something I'm going to (try) do every month. I really love reading everyone else's and think it's a great way to find new products. I've narrowed my January favourites down to 7 (which was hard):
- MAC Blot Powder in Medium - So looking at this powder you'd think it had hardly been touched, right? Wrong! I've had this MAC powder since September last year. On a daily basis I use my Rimmel Stay Matte powder but since it isn't in a compact I find it easier to carry about my MAC blot powder. I've been using this to touch up my makeup almost every day since September but it's took me up until now to realise how much I love it. If I'm feeling a bit shiny I just use this little compact (it has a mirror which is an added bonus) and the shine is gone. The best thing about it is that it's really light and sheer so no matter how much you use you never looked caked in makeup. It costs £20 which I think is amazing considering how long it's lasted.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium - This is definitely the best drugstore concealer I've ever used, I use it every single day without fail. A lot of bloggers rave about this concealer and I'm 100% behind them. I use this under my eyes, on the corners of my nose and to cover up any blemishes I have and it covers them so well. The only thing that I don't like about it is the packaging, all the writing has came off. However, it's such a bargain at £4.19 that I'll definitely be repurchasing it.
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Cashew Beige - I've been using this foundation throughout January and it's now my new favourite (I even like it better than my Armani Luminous Silk). It gives the most gorgeous finish and the colour is perfect for me. I'm not going to say much about this as I've just did a review on it the other day. If you haven't seen it, you can read it here.
- MAC Lipstick in Diva - I bought this lipstick back in December after seeing it on Laura's blog. I love dark lips for winter and I've been wearing this colour so much this month. MAC lipsticks are my favourite, I love everything about them. I'm thinking about doing a full review on this lipstick so stay tuned. As you all probably know, MAC lipsticks cost £14.
- Korres Lip Butter in Plum - I got this lip butter off my Mum for Christmas and since then I've been using it almost every day. I love that it has a subtle hint of colour and it smells so good, it also really sorts out my dry lips in this horrible, cold weather. I did a post on this a few weeks ago if you want to have a read.
- Carino Miracle Oil - For ages I'd wanted to try the Moroccan oil but I just couldn't justify paying that much for a hair product. Then I saw this little dupe on Corrie's blog back in September which is from Aldi (random, I know!) and only costs £3.99! I've had this for months but only really started using it recently. I either use it when my hair is wet which makes it lovely and smooth or I use it to smooth down the ends once I've dried it so there's no need for me to use my straighteners (my hair has been looking a bit damaged lately). This has lasted me a while and I'd definitely buy it again.
- Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Blood Orange - I'm a big fan of Barry M nail paints, especially their new Gelly ones. I bought this one back in October but have been wearing it a lot this month. I think a read nail is so classic and such a wearable colour. I can't wait to get my hands on the new Spring Gelly nail paints, especially Lychee (I love a nude)! At £3.99 they're such good quality for being so cheap. I also did a post on this nail polish here.
So there you go, the start of my monthly favourites! Have you tried any of these products? If you've done a January favourites post I'd love you to link me to it in the comments.