Thursday, 11 April 2013

My Hair: New Hairstyle & Products I Use



I've had the same hairstyle for years - blonde and pretty much all one length, so when it was time to go to the hairdressers again (well overdue) I decided I wanted something a bit different. I ended up getting it a little bit darker and got some low lights put through it to give me a nice caramel colour. I also got some layers cut in and a little middle parting fringe which I love.

Getting a new hairstyle inspired me to write a little post on the products I use in my hair so I hope you enjoy reading it. At the moment I'm using Aussie Aussome Volume shampoo and conditioner which I've used a couple of times before. I have quite fine, limp hair and I'm forever trying to get some volume in it and this shampoo does the trick. I love Aussie products, especially the smell of them and once a week I use the 3 Minute Miracle Luscious Long treatment to keep my hair in top condition. I like to keep my hair long so I try to look after it so I can get as little as possible cut off it each time.

For styling, my two favourite products at the moment are from the VO5 Plump It Up range. Before I dry my hair I put in the weightless mousse which also has heat defence in it. After I blow dry my hair I put in the Dry Backcomb Spray (mentioned in my March favourites) to give my hair some volume then either straighten or curl the ends. Right now I like my hair to have a bit of bounce in it so I usually curl the ends with my straighteners.

To finish off my hair I use Elnett Satin hairspray which is my favourite, it doesn't weigh my hair down at all and brushes out easily and then I apply some of the Aldi Miracle Oil (£4 dupe for Moroccan Oil) to the ends to smooth them. Sometimes I use the Miracle Oil before I blow dry if my hairs feeling a bit dry and needs some conditioning. Then every second (ok and third) day I'll use my Batiste dry shampoo to freshen up my hair between washes. This is a must have product and if I run out I need to go straight out and buy another bottle. Right now I'm loving the lace one, it smells amazing but I also like the Tropical one for summer.

I hope you enjoyed this little hair care post and I'm so happy with my new hairstyle!


21 comments:

  1. I love Aussie! Looks like a very nice selection of products!
    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks lovely. Im loving the Vo5 put it up range at the moment too x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely. Really suits you. I love the Aussie range, the smell is amazing! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour of your hair! It makes me want to go darker!

    Lindsay Frances | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hairs looks so lovely! The shade and style really suits you :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hair looks amazing! Wish I could pull it off this dark, such a lovely colour xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair is looking amazing! I love it. I'm really interested in trying out the Plump it Up by VO5 range- especially that mousse. I'm forever curling just the ends of my hair as my current hairstyle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fab, I'm trying to decide on a new hairstyle just now
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colour is gorgeous! So warm and pretty.. I love it xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks lovely Mel, I really like that style on you.
    I really need to get a decent volume shampoo, I never use products in my hair though but I should prob start, I'm always scared my hair will feel sticky or weird x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love elnet hairspray! I get it from my mum as it's the only one she will use. I don't really mind the scent as it's such a good product.
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use those Aussie products too and they are amazing! I also love Batiste, couldn't live without it!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really suit this new style, i love it!

    www.itsflashyfash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new colour/style looks stunning! You've tempted me to try something new. I love the VO5 Plump It Up range too - so good for volume! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair looks so glossy and gorgeous! I literally cannot live without that plump it up spray! Best invention ever!xx
    zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look amazing, your hair looks so so glossy!
    http://hollowmooon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. 020 8432 6302 | 07939 211 796 - ?196 Discount Offer On Courses On Now | Hair Extension Training, Hair Extension course, hair extensions, hair extensions training courses, hair extension training, hair courses, km ha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Read 10 interesting things you probably don’t know about the hair http://www.the-healthiest.com/archives/442

    ReplyDelete