Thursday, 29 November 2012
My Top 5 Favourite Makeup Brushes
I have 17 different makeup brushes that I use and I love them all, but I thought I'd narrow it down to my top 5 and tell you why they're my favourites...
1. Blush - The Real Techniques Blush brush is so soft and amazing for applying my bronzer and blusher. The tapered end is perfect for contouring with my bronzer as well as applying blusher to the apples of my cheeks. Sometimes I even use it to top up my powder on my T-Zone as it's easier to carry around than the Powder brush. It also picks up just the right amount of product.
2. Buffing - The Real Techniques Buffing Brush comes in the Core Collection set. I also have the Expert Face Brush and the Stippling Brush but this is definitely my favourite for applying my liquid foundation even though it's meant for cream/powder. Out of all 3 of the brushes, this one leaves me with the most flawless finish with good coverage. I do sometimes use the others but this is the one I reach for the most to create the perfect base.
3. Contour - The Contour brush is also part of the Real Techniques Core Collection. As you can see the RT Brushes are definitely my favourite. I use this brush for applying my powder highlighter to my cheekbones, brow bones and sometimes down the center of my nose. I usually find it hard to find the right size of brush to apply my highligher but this is perfect. Oh and all RT Brushes are synthetic which makes them really easy to wash.
4. Blending - I bought this eye shadow blending brush when I was studying Makeup Artistry in college and I don't remember where I got it from at all, it was definitely a website that my tutor recommended though. I love this for blending out my shadow when I'm doing a smokey eye, it's horrible when you see people with a harsh line. I've had it for years and it's stayed in such good condition. I definitely recommend investing in a good quality blending brush as it helps create a gorgeous smokey eye. I don't know what I'd do without this!
5. Angled - This angled brush came in my brush kit when I worked for New CID Cosmetics. I use this to apply my Benefit Brow Zings powder. You do get a similar one with Brow Zings but the handle's really short, this one is much easier to hold and because it's angled, it's so easy to get the right shape when filling in my brows.
So that's my 5 favourite makeup brushes, what are your favourites?